JChartFX Community

Including JChartFX charts in a meteor.js application

ashley26185

Question

Hi,

Can you provide some guidance on using JChartFX charts within a meteor.js application? Are there any constraints with doing this?

The initial attempt at including jchartfx within a meteor application resulted in a couple of errors as follows

- Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'motif' of undefined(anonymous function) @ max.motif.aurora.js:6(anonymous function) @ max.motif.aurora.js:718(anonymous function) @ max.motif.aurora.js?33bda9c256c9390ed05d5b68b30cd110cac7a084:739

max.motif.glow.js:6 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'motif' of undefined(anonymous function) @ max.motif.glow.js:6(anonymous function) @ max.motif.glow.js:848(anonymous function) @ max.motif.glow.js?60725812bd51ba364a2fb8b6839e16d419c2cf42:864

Several such errors were received and I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. These errors were received without trying to implement any of the charts. I have just included the files in the client/plugins folder.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashley

post-47839-0-13781500-1453907800_thumb.png

2 answers to this question

We have not tried to integrate jChartFX in a meteor application. We will try to do so and post here the results. I noticed the errors you posted relate to motif files. Can you try including the "minimum" number of jChartFX files to see if you still get errors.

You should try just including jchartfx.system.js and jchartfx.coreVector.js.

Regards,

JuanC

Thanks Juan. i tried including only the 2 minimum files mentioned.

However, I still faced an error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Version' of undefined(anonymous function) @ jchartfx.coreVector.js:1(anonymous function) @ jchartfx.coreVector.js:749(anonymous function) @ jchartfx.coreVector.js:749

Am not a very advanced javascript/meteor user so wasn't really sure if it was supported or not. Maybe there's some workaround to this error.